Nuevitas: where Puerto del Príncipe was born, in Editorial Académica Española (+ Photos)Publicado: septiembre 18, 2020
Camagüey, Cuba, Sep 18.- The Spanish Academic Publishing House makes available to readers in printed format the book Nuevitas: where Puerto del Príncipe was born. Journalistic compilations. Histories and legends, by Lázaro David Najarro Pujol, a selection of texts published on the CamaguebaxCuba blog, the Radio Nuevitas website and in the Primicia magazine. Diario, from Colombia.
The work, in about 100 pages, includes 20 images that in the future will be part of an exhibition project of that region of the north of the province of Camagüey, a collection that aims to enhance the architectural and natural virtues of today’s Nuevitas, inviting knowledge and insight. preservation of the heritage of the territory.
Nuevitas: where Puerto del Príncipe was born stands out among its 16 chapters: San Fernando de Nuevitas: a region dotted with colors, Playa de Santa Lucía: Cuba’s great natural pool, Cayo Sabinal: a beautiful and extraordinary virgin environment, Los Tres Ballenatos: friends of the sun and the night and a sunset.
On the back cover of the text it is stated that “it is proven by documentary and archaeological evidence that in Punta de Guincho, Nuevitas, the town of Santa María del Puerto del Príncipe, today Camagüey, originated in 1514.
The original site is located south of the Pastelillo peninsula, on the northern perimeter of the bay, about three kilometers from the city. The three islets stand out, known in the imagination of its inhabitants as the Three Whales.
With the title Guardians of the Calf: between stories and legends, those interested will be able to read about the work of the brothers Ramón Lorenzo Pascual Pérez and Emilio Pujol Pérez, who after staying for more than 60 years on keys, cayuelos, islets and riverbanks came together again in one of the three islets in the bay of Nuevitas to continue protecting the flora and fauna of the region.