Treasures of Camagüey’s architecture (Photos)

By Lázaro David Najarro Pujol (Author’s photos).

Camagüey, Cuba, Jul 30.- The city of Camagüey, also known as Villa Andariega, for the three geographic sites where it settled since its foundation in Punta El Guincho, Nuevitas, on February 2, 1514, has in the segment included between the current Plaza de los Trabajos and Solidaridad, an architectural, cultural and historical treasure.

The churches of La Merced and La Soledad make this section one of the most photographed by locals and foreign visitors from all continents, attracted by the architectural heritage of that urban and social segment of the old town of Santa María del Puerto del Príncipe. Leer el resto de esta entrada »