By Lázaro David Najarro Pujol /Ver fotocopia de revista Primciia Diario
Santa Clara, Cuba.- The city of Santa Clara was erected on July 15, 1689. Historians assure that the site recalls the memorable meeting of 18 families from San Juan de los Remedios, who on July 15, 1689, witnessed the founding mass that was celebrated under the shade of a tamarind.
This is how the new community was erected, which first received the name of Los Dos Cayos, then Pueblo Nuevo de Antón Díaz and definitely Gloriosa Santa Clara to grow between the Bélico and Cubanicay rivers that endowed it with a modest network of bridges.
By Lázaro David Najarro Pujol
July, 2020.- A nautical mile from the west bank of Santa Cruz del Sur, cyclones and hurricanes have prevailed over time, a small islet known as Cayo Carenero intended for the maintenance of boats of the Combined Fishing and Industrial Algerico Lara Correa.
The small islet is also known as Varadero de El Cayo, where in its glory days almost twenty fishing boats were repaired in a month. Leer el resto de esta entrada »